Data Engineer (open level)
Compensation: $87,910.00 - $126,540.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company - one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
H&R Block is transforming tax preparation through data to ensure that every client we serve gets the best tax outcome possible.
We are building a new Data Engineering Team in the Data Science & Analytics organization. This new team will own the technology and data capabilities of the end-to-end data-and-analytics function. It will take responsibility for building and maintaining the analytical technologies that the data science teams use, managing data at an enterprise scale, leveraging relationships with IT teams throughout the enterprise, and leading information architecture.
We are looking for talented, curious, and creative data engineers of all levels to help launch this team. You will be a good match for our organization if you are:
Day to day, you'll...
- Motivated by the idea of building something innovative, transformative, and impactful.
- Committed to the idea that data can drive experiences and products that wow our business partners and clients
- Obsessed with defying expectations and raising the bar
- Driven by an innate sense of ownership for the products you create.
- Design and deploy architecture, solutions, and software to capture, manage, store, and use structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources in both on-prem and cloud environments.
- Deploy machine-learning models and other data-science products across the enterprise.
- Navigate the balance between business needs, data governance best practices, and technical requirements.
- Select or develop tools to cleanse, organize, and transform data and to maintain, defend, and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
- Develop data products to facilitate self-service capabilities and assist the data teams to increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span internal Data Science & Analytics teams, IT, business groups, and executive stakeholders.
- Be a positive force to cultivate a culture that is passionate about developing data tools as a business driver.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 3 years Minimum related work experience
- Fluent in Java, Python, and a C based language
- In-depth knowledge of Hadoop and bigdata technologies such as MapReduce, Hive, and Pig, NoSQL technologies, SQL technologies, and data warehousing solutions
- Able to help partners articulate business requirements
- Intermediate (practical application) Relationship building and conflict management skills
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data architect, data integration, data management, data scientist, database, database administrator, erp, hbase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...