Employment Type: Full-Time
For over 30 years, Aurora has been a leader in providing customized services that support individuals with disabilities, chronic mental illness, and traumatic brain injuries in residential settings. We value employees that are passionate about making people smile every day by empowering them to live as independently as possible.
The services we provide require a dedicated staff that is committed to utilizing behavioral support programs, aiding with self care, or performing essential duties, while maintaining the consumer's dignity.
- Seek out opportunities for community/social integration
- Help consumers plan and prepare their choices of fun events and outings
- Assisting with self care- dressing, bathing or showering, brushing teeth, toileting, shaving
- Medication Administration
- Meal Preparation/Planning
- Transpiration of consumers
- Follow individual service plans
- Other duties as assigned
- 18 years of age
- Acceptable Background Character Verification
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record for consumer transport
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to twist, turn, squat, bend, reach, pull, push from high/low position, raise arms above shoulder, walk, sit (chair and floor), climb stairs, and use hands and fingers
- Communicate basic English
- Basic reading, writing, and internet navigation skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 2 hours of residence (mileage reimbursement after 30 minutes of residence)
- 2+ years of experience in residential services required
If you are looking to make a difference, join the Aurora team! Aurora Community Services is proud to be an Employee Owned Company! An EOE/AA Employer
Loading some great jobs for you...