Loading some great jobs for you...
We are seeking a Service Desk Administrator to support our client ASM Research. As a Service Desk Administrator, you will play a lead role in providing excellent customer service through triaging incoming Help Desk requests, escalating issues to appropriate teams and collaborate with the IT team on various IT projects. Carries out information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline, such as application support, database administration, software quality assurance/quality control, software engineering, and network telecommunications. Follows escalation protocol for complex issues and collaborates with the upper tier to reach resolution. The Service Desk team is an integral part of the IT department that has a commitment to customer service through quality, courtesy, technical expertise and teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
* Responds to triage requests submitted by Tier I and II specialists to provide guidance and support for system needs and upgrades.
* Troubleshoots and resolves problems in an efficient manner with minimal supervision and escalates items that are more complex and works in partnership to reach resolution.
* Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
* Runs tests on and maintains operating system and related software.
* Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
* Actively engaged in the planning and designing of new platforms and integrating new technologies into existing infrastructure. May evaluate new technologies and releases.
* Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Assists with creating and reviewing technical system recovery plans to reduce down time if an outage were to occur.
* Reviews the problem management register and identifies actions.
* Interest or motivation to learn and apply scripting methodologies to automate tasks.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
0-3 years of experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office365 and SharePoint, Microsoft Teams
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Experience preferred with cloud infrastructure, digital workspace, and storage technology.
#cjpost* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...